3 on 3 Tournament
This event has been cancelled in an effort to minimize the impact of Corona Virus.
See you next year!
15th Annual Spring into Basketball 3 on 3 Tournament
Sunday April 19th, 2020
ENTRY DEADLINE: All entries submitted online by April 15 or until full. (Team limit: First come, first serve)
LOCATION: Chinook High School – 528 Ohio St, Chinook MT – Use South entrance.
ENTRY FEES: $80 per team.
Make checks payable to: Chinook Swim Team
Send Entries/Checks to:
P.O Box 1631
Chinook, MT 59523
Phone: 262-3021 (cell) or 357-3458 (home)
DETAILS:T-shirts will be awarded to age group winners.
- Free Throw Contest
- Concessions will be available.
- Three games guaranteed
- you will be contacted by phone or e-mail concerning game times.
- Divisions will be by grade level for boys and girls. Players must compete in their own grade level unless they are playing up a division. Each player may only play on one team.
- Entry Fee is 80.00 per team.
- Safety regulations for high school basketball will be followed. Players with hard casts of any type will not be allowed to play.
- All Games for boys and girls will be played on regulation size baskets.
- Daily admissions will be $5.00 for adults and $2.00 for students grades k-12. Players and coaches will be admitted free.
- The entry from a dead ball must be initiated by a pass.
- Player in possession must check the ball with the opponent.
- Defender must give 3 ft. halo unless the offensive player dribbles. Lateral dribble only, cannot enter at the basket or take a shot.
- Entry to attack the basket or score must be from a pass or hand-off.
- On any change of possession the ball, player with ball must step outside three point line.
- Games will consist of a 15 minute running clock or the first team to 21 points. All teams get a one minute time out at 5:00 minutes remaining, and there will be 3:00 minutes between games.
- All fouls will result in one shot from the foul line and treated as a dead ball. If a player is fouled on the made shot, the shot counts and the player fouled shoots a free-throw. Intentional or flagrant fouls will result in a one shot foul and loss of possession.
- We have secured as many adult referees as possible. Remember that they are all volunteering their time and MUST be treated with respect at all times. Please let them do their jobs. Avoid disrupting unless you have a legitimate and respectful question.
11. Displays of unsportmanlike behavior of any type will not be tolerated. A player or coach may be suspended from the tournament for unsportmanlike conduct. A player receiving a technical foul must leave the game for two minutes. A second technical will result in ejection for that game. A technical received by a coach will result in a 2-shot foul and loss of possession. A second technical will result in ejection from the tournament.
- Ties at the end of regulation will be broken with a free-throw shoot. Each team designates a player to shoot a free throw. If team #1 makes their attempt, and team #2 makes their attempt, then two more shooters are selected to finish the process. If team #2 misses, then team #1 is the winner.
- Game time is forfeit time. Don’t be late.
**Basketballs will NOT be furnished. Each team must bring their own basketball for warm-up and games.
*All teams are guaranteed 3 games. We will begin with round robin play and use that for seeding into a single elimination tournament.